Saturday, January 8, 2011

An Interesting Resolution

It’s been noted by many authors that a surprising number of Latter-day Saints don’t usually make New Year’s resolutions. It’s not that we think ourselves above improvement; in fact, quite the opposite: we’re so constantly trying to improve ourselves, attempting to become more like our Savior, that making a New Year’s resolution is actually kind of redundant. So with that in mind, yesterday I came up with a New Year’s resolution that is completely unrelated to bettering myself per se, yet something that I can actually work towards with some semblance of completion.

So, on to the task: in my iTunes library, I have a smart playlist with every track that iTunes has no record of me listening to. Obviously, I’ve actually listened to a lot of them: many are ripped from CDs that had been played at least once, often more than once, before I added them to iTunes. However, having never listened to them in iTunes, they have no play count, no volume adjustment, no equalizer preset, no ✭ rating, or any combination of the above. Thus, my goal: by the end of 2012, I will have listened to and appropriately tagged every track in my library.

So, in case anyone cares, I’ll be sharing what tracks iTunes has served up, each day. Sometimes it’ll be random, sometimes not, but it should be an interesting look into what I have on my iServer. :-)

Friday, 7 January 2011

David Sylvian featuring Stina Nordenstam & Nine Horses • Wonderful World (✭✭✭✭)
Tame Impala • Desire Be Desire Go
Tristeza • Newbury (✭✭✭✭)
Nightmares on Wax • Passion (✭✭✭½)
The Tallest Man on Earth • Like the Wheel (✭✭✭)
Paul Simon • Getting Ready for Christmas Day (✭✭✭½)
Paula Abdul • Rush, Rush (✭✭✭✭)
John Wesley Harding • Where the Bodies Are (✭✭✭½)
John Wesley Harding • Millionaire’s Dream (✭✭✭✭)
John Wesley Harding • Come Gather ’Round
Talbot Tagora • Ichthus Hop (✭✭✭)
Pretty & Nice • Hideaway Tokyo (✭✭✭)
Jackpot • Far Far Away (✭✭✭✭)
Mar√≠a Estela Monti • Se fue (✭✭✭✭)
Raw Youth • Tame Yourself (✭✭✭✭)
Exene Cervenka • Do What I Have to Do (✭✭✭½)
Belinda Carlisle • Bless the Beasts and the Children (✭✭✭✭✭)
Fetchin’ Bones • Slaves (✭✭✭)
Goose Bumps • Asleep Too Long (✭✭✭✭½)
Indigo Girls & Michael Stipe • I’ll Give You My Skin (✭✭✭)
Howard Jones • Don’t Be Part of It (✭✭✭½)
k.d. lang • Damned Old Dog (✭✭✭)
Nina Hagen & Lene Lovich • Don’t Kill the Animals (✭✭)
Jane Wiedlin • Fur (✭✭✭)
Puffin’ Billy (Theme from “Captain Kangaroo”)
Good Old Days (Theme from “The Little Rascals”)
Meet the Flintstones (✭✭✭)
Gracie Lantz & Kay Kyser’s Swing Band • The Woody Woodpecker Show
Bugs Bunny Overture (This Is It) (✭✭✭)
Slow Dazzle • Now or Never or Later
The Sly Caps • The Boring Life (✭✭✭✭)
The Sly Caps • Don & Sue (✭✭✭✭½)
Apollo Smile • Thunderbox [1991] (✭✭✭✭½)
Apollo Smile • Thunderbox [1990] (✭✭✭✭✭)
Name Taken • The Safety of Routine (✭✭✭✭)
Mark Morgan • Follower's Credo
Belinda Carlisle • Fool for Love (✭✭✭✭✭)
Belinda Carlisle • Nobody Owns Me (✭✭✭✭✭)
Belinda Carlisle • California (✭✭✭½)
Belinda Carlisle • We Can Change (✭✭✭½)
Belinda Carlisle • Live Your Life Be Free (✭✭✭✭½)
Belinda Carlisle • Where Love Hides (✭✭✭✭)
Belinda Carlisle • I Feel Free (✭✭✭✭)
Belinda Carlisle • Gotta Get to You (✭✭✭½)
Belinda Carlisle • I Plead Insanity (✭✭✭✭)

No comments:

Post a Comment